Dawson St

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Tile issues

So this is my fault for not getting enough tile when I started this job. However, I got the amount of tile I could get at the time, figuring I'd need less than a whole box to cover what I didn't have, and could get that easily. Fast forward 6 weeks (yep that was my original estimate to complete everything) and I'm still tiling. Or more to the point not tiling because I ran out of subway tile. So I stop by the local big orange box. No subway tile. Go to the other local big orange box. No subway tile. Find someone to help me out (this can be an adventure). Am told, "Oh yeah those 3x6 subway tiles weren't selling at all so we sold them back to the supplier. If you want some accent tile we sell a lot of that." I try Lowes. Yes they have the tile, but it's a different supplier. I take a chance, buy a box and nope it's not quite the right shade of white. I need something with just a whisp of gray in it. So now I'm going to try the Daltile store and see if they'll sell me a box even though I'm not a contractor. I'm hoping they have it in stock.

1 Comments:

  • I will run to hell depot tomorrow to see if they still have em. How much do you need? Call me in the morning and let me know.

    By Blogger donutboy, At 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home