Dawson St

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Rub-a-dub-dub here is a tub....

Big progress today, sort of. The 1955 American Standard, cast iron, curb special (it's free don't you know) has been placed in its new residence. Still have to hook up the drain line, but the heavy part is done. All 350 pounds of it went into where the existing tub used to be with 1/8 inch to spare. My neighbor came over and helped me haul it out of the basement and place it. Surprisingly I think it took us all of about 5 minutes, literally to get it in. I'll be finishing the plumbing and starting the tiling after work now. Realistically, this tub saved us a bunch being free--as if that wouldn't be the case. It's in almost showroom finish still after 50 some odd years of use. It's exactly what will work in our plan for the bathroom, and I really like the fact that we were able to take something and keep using it. I know this always can't be the case.

I'm conducting a virtual soak here while enjoying some local suds.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home