Dawson St

Sunday, November 26, 2006

...And now for a change of venue.
Yes, I was supposed to be working on the bathroom. However, I am having diffculty locating the desired plumbing fixtures--I can find them, I just can't seem to actually purchase them for some reason. Anyway since I don't have these items, and I generally like having the major items in hand before starting a project--it cuts down on scope creep and seems to make things go faster--I changed my mind and started on the basement bedroom. Of course I was prodded along a little on this too.

I got a new tool last week from Donut--many thanks my friend--and just had to try it out. So I started framing in the walls of the bedroom. Now these walls sit atop the footing and against the basement wall. I'll be insulating them after I get all the wiring done. Besides this was good practice for when I get to framing on the media room. Additionally I installed and wired the can lights in the ceiling as well as insulating the ceiling. Now I just need to run power to everything.

The pics show 3 of the walls. The one on the left is going to have a secret door that will allow access to our large crawler and storage area. The one on the right I intend to strip the paint off the brick if I can figure out a way to do so without breathing a lot of toxic fumes or spreading lead dust through the house. Any thoughts on products I could use would be much appreciated for accomplishing this task. I already tried grinding it off with good results until I realized I was probably dealing with lead paint.


So I got all this done and snow shoed here this weekend. The snow is epic out here!

1 Comments:

  • Looks Great!!! Finally it is all coming together. Make sure you put those metal caps on your studs where you are running wire. You don't want to have to get in there again later because of a short caused by your drywall team.

    By Blogger donutboy, At 4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home