Dawson St

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Flooring, cabinet and sink...almost a bathroom
After breakfast today, KT convinced me that it would be better to work on the bathroom today than go play in water in my kayak. Something about working now meaning I wouldn't have to work later was mentioned and combined with no caffeine today I immediately agreed this was a good idea. Actually it turned out quite productive. Originally we were planning on putting a built in cabinet in the bathroom complete with laundry chute to the laundry room directly below. Unfortunately, there is a 220V power supply for the dryer running right in the path of where the chute would go. Not good. I decided I didn't want to deal with rewiring electrical and that we've been making do quite well without a chute for some time so no laundry chute. Consequently, a quick stop later at our local furniture place (Village Woodworks) and we had a very nice mission style cabinet. I'm going to make it look built in anyway. Additionally, we picked up a pedestal sink at Rejuvenation, very nice, so now all I need is a faucet with porcelain cross handles. That's turning out to be the difficult item. Ahh, but that's 2 out of 3 items of the title you say. I started in on the flooring as well. Backer board is down and the heating mat is going down tomorrow with tile to follow shortly thereafter. Warm floors in the winter are going to feel decadent. I'll take some pics of the bathroom after everything is in.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home